Friday, May 4, 2007

Hacktastic Suckage #3

James Patterson

I was going to do a feature on Patterson, but here's a guilty confession: I like his books. Compared to Tom Clancy, they're works of genius.

Honestly, he's got some solid, entertaining yarns. So no Hacktastic Suckage for Patterson. Commercial success doesn't necessarily equate to bad writing, and while I love beating up on successful writers who suck, no point in deconstructing decent writing unjustly.

If any of my readers have other suggestions though, hit me with names in the comments section.

I'm very tempted to do some Jonathan Safran Foer. Among others. Literary fiction to slasher horror zombie Geisha stories set in WWII Japan. Anything goes.

NEEDLESS PERSONAL SIDE NOTE: For whatever reason, Dr. Hack hasn't been able to wrap his head around Sean Lindsay's advice, so he submitted an editorial to the NY Times Op-Ed page yesterday. What can he say? He has a masochistic hankering for rejection a mile wide.

Need advice? Sure you do. E-mail Dr. Hack and he'll set you straight.

No comments: